Current Job Openings with FCCO
FCCO is the leading spay/neuter program in our area providing free services for feral and stray cats and low-cost for pet cats. We have spayed/neutered more than 85,000 cats since our inception in 1995. Join our well-skilled staff and use your training and talents to help prevent future generations of feral cats.
Certified Veterinary Technician, Full Time
Provide excellent care for all cats utilizing FCCO's services. Perform and oversee all services from clinic prep to closing. Become proficient in administering anesthesia, surgical prep, surgical assisting,standard FCCO treatments and record keeping. Will also learn front desk protocols and systems and assist as needed. Job duties will be performed in a positive, efficient and cooperative manner.
- Veterinary Technician certified in Oregon.
- 2+ years of clinical experience preferred.
- Experience working for a spay/neuter program a plus.
- Self-directed and responsible team player, with great follow-through on commitments as well as the ability to take direction from supervisors.
- Able to lift 40 lbs and work a 10 hour day standing for long periods of time.
- Patience, tolerance, and ability to work quickly and safely in fast-paced environment.
- Must possess and maintain a current Oregon driver’s license and good driving record.
- Able to work with, train and motivate a varying range of volunteers
- Support the mission of the Feral Cat Coalition of Oregon.
- Currently live in the Portland, Oregon vicinity
Hour rate of $17 to $19 DOE. If you would like to be considered for this position, please click here send your resume and cover letter to Karen Kraus.